This article is about the TV series called "The Tomorrow People". For the fictional species Homo superior, see Tomorrow People.
|The Tomorrow People|
The Tomorrow People is an American science fiction television series created by Phil Klemmer aired on The CW Television Network during the 2013–14 American television season. Based on the two original British television series of the same name, the series follows a group of young people who possess powers as the result of human evolution.
The Tomorrow People premiered on October 9, 2013. It originally aired on Wednesdays in the 9/8c timeslot following Arrow beginning. On November 11th 2013 the show has been picked up for a full season. On March 17, 2014, the show was moved to Mondays 9/8c timeslot. On May 8, 2014, the show was canceled after only one season.
The Tomorrow People are humans who, as a result of evolutionary development have become early instances of the next state of human evolution, homo superior. As a consequence of their "breaking out" of the limitations of their pre-telepath developmental phase in young adulthood, they develop psionic abilities, (the "three T's" of telepathy, teleportation, and telekinesis). The series focuses on Stephen Jameson, a newly-emergent member of the Tomorrow People, as was his father who, as the most powerful of the Tomorrow People, disappeared years before the current events in the series, trying to find a place where they could live safely. The Tomorrow People are hunted by Ultra, an anti-telepath genetic cleansing organization that uses Tomorrow People to hunt down others and neutralize, or kill, them; their headquarters are designed to neutralize the powers of Tomorrow People, although Stephen seems resistant to its effects. Outside Ultra, their parents and loved ones, the existence of the Tomorrow People is unknown to the general public, as they fear greater persecution. Consequently, they spend much of their time in the Lair, a subterranean base of operations beneath the streets of Manhattan.
- Robbie Amell as Stephen Jameson
- Peyton List as Cara Coburn
- Luke Mitchell as John Young
- Aaron Yoo as Russell Kwon
- Madeleine Mantock as Astrid Finch
- Mark Pellegrino as Jedikiah Price
- Official Website at www.cwtv.com, archived on web.archive.org on June 27, 2014
- The Tomorrow People on the Interne Movie Database
- The Tomorrow People at Wikipedia
- ↑ Mittovich, Matt. "Fall TV Premiere Dates: The CW Once Again Opens Its Season in October". TVLine, June 24, 2013.
- ↑ Misha Solomon: The CW Picks Up The Originals Plus 2 Other Freshman Series For Full Seasons. TVLine, November 11, 2013.
- ↑ "The CW Announces 2013–2014 Fall Schedule". The Futon Critic. May 16, 2013.
- ↑ Michael Slezak: Carrie Diaries, Tomorrow People and One More Cancelled, Three Others Renewed by The CW. TVLine, May 8 2014.