|Portrayed by|| Robbie Amell |
Aaron Hance (young Stephen)
|Last Seen||Son of Man|
|Powers|| Telekinesis |
Power Negation Immunity
|Birth Name||Price (first name unknown)|
|Date of Birth||September 15, 1995|
|Occupations|| Student |
Leader of the Tomorrow People
Agent of Ultra (double agent; in secret; formerly)
|Significant Other|| Hillary Cole (girlfriend) † |
Cara Coburn (girlfriend/one-night-stand)
|Family|| Roger Price † (father)|
Marla Jameson (mother)
Luca Jameson (brother)
Jedikiah Price (uncle)
|“||I have to find out what happend to my dad, OK. Whether or not he is a hero, if he is alive, I have to know. And there is only one way I can find out without losing everyone else.||”|
Stephen Jameson is the main protagonist of The Tomorrow People. He is described as a "tortured" young man who longs to become normal. He is the new leader of the Tomorrow People. Stephen is the son of Roger Price and Marla Jameson, the older brother of Luca Jameson, the nephew of Jedikiah Price, and the best friend of Astrid Finch, the former boyfriend of the late Hillary Cole, and the boyfriend of Cara Coburn.
He is portrayed by Robbie Amell.
Stephen Jameson stands at the crossroads between the world we know and the shifting world of the future. Up until a year ago, Stephen was a “normal” teenager - until he began hearing voices and teleporting in his sleep, never knowing where he might wake up. Now, Stephen’s issues have gone far beyond the usual teenage angst, and he is beginning to question his sanity. In desperation, Stephen decides to listen to one of the voices in his head, and it leads him to his first encounter with the Tomorrow People - John, Cara and Russell - a genetically advanced race with the abilities of telekinesis, teleportation and telepathic communication, but he soon learns that he also has the power to stop time, like his father. The former leader of the Tomorrow People. With the discovery that he is also a synergist his powers will develop further than any other member of the Tomorrow People.
In In Too Deep,
In Death's Door,
In The Citadel,
In Sitting Ducks,
In Brother's Keeper,
In Modus Vivendi,
In Kill Switch,
In Son of Man, he manages to defeat the Founder by turning the machine's power against him and throwing him through a portal. Stephen also discovers that he has the ability to reverse time after witnessing Cara get shot.
Stephen is a very well mannered young man, who is determined to overcome anything that gets in his way. He will not let his friends or family get hurt. Stephen is protective and takes desperate measures when necessary. He cares about the life and refuses to turn his back on humans or his species. Stephen can be very stubborn and eager to fight, often accidentally placing other people in danger. He has a temper and is prone to anger attacks. This is displayed when he beats up a guy from his school and more recently when he tried to kill Jedekiah by beating him up and strangling him. However he is very forgiving and caring. This is shown when he forgives John after finding out he killed his father.
Stephen is about 5'9" tall. He has a very light tan complexion, dark brown hair and blue eyes.
Hillary was Stephen's romantic interest. They had a competitive and perhaps complicated relationship at times, as they often tried to outdo each other. They end up kissing in Stephen's room while preparing for a mission. From then on they were together. Recently, it has been revealed that her family was murdered when she was younger, as this has fueled her passion to help others. Thus, why she joined Ultra. They often like to tease each other, as shown in Smoke and Mirrors when Hillary seduces him when he was meant to see The Founder. They have passionate sex before he goes to see him. They sleep together again the next episode, after flirting with each other at Ultra. After telling how much she loved him (in A Sort of Homecoming), she sacrifices herself to save him and the others.
Astrid is Stephen's best friend, It was revealed in Limbo, that she is in love with him. She is extremely disappointed that Stephen doesn't love her the same way. Since then they have gradually grown apart. She also disapproves of his relationship with Hillary.
Stephen considers Cara to be a guide for himself, since it was her voice that lead him to the Tomorrow People. They both share this same genuine concern for one another. Stephen shows his romantic feelings for Cara by kissing her during their near run-in with Ultra, and they end up making out. Later on, despite his deal not to kiss her anymore, they make out and go to a hotel. The beginning of the next episode is shown with them leaving a hotel room after a night of debauchery. Cara however has misgivings about spending the night with Stephen as she is in love with John. He initially is upset but since then he has distanced himself from her and it appears he no longer feels the way he did, as he is in love with Hillary. However at the end of the series finale, it has been hinted that Stephen, has begun a new romantic relation with Cara, after John broke up with Cara.
Stephen and John seem to have quite an antagonistic relationship. Often times they have the opposite ideas, which lead to tension between them. Stephen often questions John's leadership but also respects him for some of his actions. In later episodes, however they seem to be working together more, but they still have underlying disagreements. Even after finding out that John murdered Stephen's father, he does not hold a grudge.
Stephen has a good relationship with Russell, unlike how he is with John at times, they get along very well, and are on good terms with each other.
Roger is Stephen's father. Stephen knows little about him as he was never there for him. Stephen looks up to him a lot and respects him, after he finds out why he had left their family.
Stephen cares for his mother greatly. He especially dislikes that she seems to be worn out, but he tries his best to be a better son.
Luca is Stephen's little brother. They share a very typical brotherly relationship, full of teasing but also underlined with love.
Jedikiah is Stephen's uncle and one of the heads at Ultra. Stephen goes to work for him in the hopes of finding what happened to his father, Jedikiah's brother. He also goes as a double-agent for The Tomorrow People. Jedikiah seems to have a soft spot for Stephen. Even though several infractions were caused by Stephen, he decides to trust him and let him go without punishment. Stephen also saves Jedikiah from being killed by a car bomb. Jedikiah also showed great concern and anxiety when Stephen was held hostage by Julian and therefore in danger from the explosive planted by Jedikiah in Julian. When Stephen turns up alive, he tries to hide his relief.
- Telekinesis - The ability to move objects and people with his mind. In Son of Man he does a telekinetic shockwave and overpowered the founder.
- Telepathy - The ability to hear the thoughts of others and project the thoughts of oneself.
- Teleportation - The ability to instantly transport oneself and others to another location. And a newly acquired ability to teleport a human body without physical contact. As shown in Son of Man. He teleported the founder close to him.
- Chronokinesis - The ability to mentally manipulate time. This ability is unique to Stephen and Roger. He has shown the ability to stop and reverse time for a short period of time. He has some control over this ability. He has also shown the ability to create a vortex in space-time from the machine that housed his father's powers while he was trying to destroy the machine and seemingly absorbed his father's powers from the machine.
- Power Negation Immunity - Stephen is shown to be immune or at least resistant to Ultra's technology used to negate the powers of homo superiors. Likely inherited from his father.
- Hand to hand combat - Despite the fact that Stephen does not have much training and experience in hand to hand combat, he was shown to be able to hold his own against John, who is a very good fighter, and possibly would have defeated him, if Cara had not intervened.
- Heritage - Being the son of Roger and Marla, Stephen is dubbed as a synergist which grants him abilities many times stronger than an ordinary Tomorrow Person. Roger has also stated that Stephen has extraordinary untapped potential.
- In Too Deep
- Girl, Interrupted
- Kill or Be Killed
- All Tomorrow's Parties
- Sorry For Your Loss
- Death's Door
- The Citadel
- Sitting Ducks
- Things Fall Apart
- Brother's Keeper
- Enemy of My Enemy
- Smoke and Mirrors
- Modus Vivendi
- A Sort of Homecoming
- Kill Switch
- Son of Man
- Stephen's name is derived from the Greek name Stephanos, spelled Στέφανος, which means "crown".
- He is one of the two known Synergist, both parents being Tomorrow People, the other being Cassandra.
- Stephen has a connection with two other Tomorrow People, Cara and Cassandra.
- Stephen [to John]: Wow, what happened to the whole 'Welcome Stephen, you're one of us, we're the lost boys' speech?
- Stephen: I'm gonna get her. I'm the inside man, remember?
- Stephen [to Jedikiah]: Enough with this war lingo. This isn't war, it's genocide!