- Vandalism will not be tolerated. Vandalism is deleting a large portion of the page without a proper reason. If someone becomes a vandal, the admins have the right to block the person for an indefinite amount of time, depending on the severity of the act.
- Comments on pages are expected to be appropriate. This means that there should be no inappropriate language, the comment should not be irrelevant, and should not be inflammatory. All comments are expected to use decent spelling, grammar and punctuation. Any comments insulting or harassing any users will be deleted; such comments will also result in blocks.
- In the case of an edit war, the two opposing people are expected to solve their problem for themselves. Get a neutral party to give an opinion. If they cannot do that, an admin will step in.
- We do ask that major format changes (such as adding or deleting sections on articles) be run by the community first, to get a consensus. Ask any admin for details.
- Insulting/slandering other users is not permitted. It is the right of any user to remove, or request the removal of, any comment, blog, forum, or message wall post that is insulting or slanderous to them personally. Harassing users in this way will result in lengthy blocks.
If You Are Blocked/Banned
- If you are blocked or banned and want to appeal it, please use your message wall on THIS wiki, or contact an Admin on their wall on the Community Central Wiki.
- If you are blocked/banned on this Wiki, it is NOT appropriate to follow any Admin to another Wiki they work on to protest. This will result in an extended block here.
- If you are blocked/banned by one of our Admins on another Wiki, do not follow the Admin here to complain. This will result in a block here and possibly an extension on the Wiki in question.
- This is a wiki for the CW television series The Tomorrow People. We are not affiliated with any other English The Tomorrow People wikis. As such, our content should not be posted on these kinds of sites. Neither should their content be posted on ours. Please be respectful of other people's hard work.
- We have a featured article nomination here, a featured image nomination here, and a featured quote nomination here. All features will be reviewed by the admins and, if decided to be meeting the standards, they will put it on the queue. There will be new features every month. If you have any questions, go to Emma Salvatore.
- You can add questions to the weekly poll here. The Poll Team consists of Emma Salvatore. There will be a new poll every week. If you have any questions, you may speak to her, or leave a comment on the Poll Submissions page.
Canonicity of Media
- What is canonicity? Something is canon if it is considered valid in The Tomorrow People's universe. For example, events occurring in a dream sequence is not canon to an overall timeline: the events didn't really occur.
- Where it applies, the The Tomorrow People Wikia treats events and statements made in other show-related media (such as books) as canon.
- The sole exception to this rule is when a statement/event from other contradicts something occurring/said in-show, or a statement from a writer/creator/producer. In these cases, the show event or crew member statement will be what is considered canon.
General Page Edits
- All information edited into a character/item/location/episode page must be written in the user's own words. Do not copy and paste in information taken from other sites--including pasting in character history summaries, whole episode recaps, and/or trivia information. Even if hypothetically you wrote something on another site, and paste it onto one of the pages on this wikia, this would not be acceptable because the information will have the appearance of having been copied from another website domain. Do not take summaries or information from another site and try to switch or reword paragraphs to make it look like your own work.
- Do NOT add categories that are inappropriate for the page.
- Do NOT create categories without a previous discussion or admin's permission.
- Each character page follows what the character's name is given as in either the casting call or official CW press release. A new character page may be named as per the name in the casting call, but can be changed in the future if the character appears in a newer episode and is shown to have a different name.
- Also note that promos and sneak peek videos are not considered reliable sources of information for adding in facts about a character unless the upcoming episode with that information has already aired. Therefore, any new information learned in promos or sneak peeks will not be added onto the pages until the episode actually airs.
- Be aware that despite a character being called one name in the promo, the structure of this wiki is to *always* follow the name given for the character on the episodic press release, and no secondary names are added until the new episode has aired. This means even if the character is named in a promo or sneak peek under a different name, that name will not affect the character's actual page name, and may only be added in as a listed secondary name after the epsiode finishes airing.
- For appearances listing on episode pages, the names of the characters confirmed to appear in an episode are written in as per what the official CW press release says.
- For writing character history summaries, nicknames of the characters, or shortened versions of the character name are not used.
Trivia should include information pertinent to the page, but should NOT be:
- Speculation - Trivia that is not a true fact.
- Major history plot points - Sentences that detail major plot points in an episode is unnecessary. Examples of major plot points would be. However, obscure or not well known information is acceptable to write in as trivia. An obscure or not well known point would be something not everyone would know from watching the episode.
- "Mirroring" references - Sentences that describe how one scene mirrors the other.
- Familial relations - Adding relatives or blood relations the character has to other people under trivia. The infobox template on each character page already has a section for editing in relatives.
- Consecutive/counting notation - It is really not necessary to add under the trivia, after the first time a character/location/item has appeared in an episode, to repeat the same trivia a consecutive time on any page. For example, it is fine to add the first time a character/location/item appears or does not appear in an episode, "This the first episode to feature _____" or "This is the first episode to not feature _____" on an episode page. But for the second, third, and following appearances or nonappearances of the character/location/item, do not continue with the same consecutive trivia.
- Same line notation - Do not add trivia that is talking about a character having used the same line in the current episode as a previous episode.
- Timeline notation - Do not put timeline references under trivia.
- For listing quotes under an episode page, make sure to put it under the "Quotes" heading. There is a maximum limit of only ten quotes per episode. Any quote added in after the tenth quote will be deleted.
- An edit war is the repeated undoing of edits (or readding information) by different editors. This is unproductive and detrimental to the Wikia.
- If someone undoes an edit of yours, it is not appropriate to undo their edit. Please, start a discussion in the article's comment section or on the forums to reach a consensus. You can make your case for your opinion there and get unbiased opinions on the subject.
- The Tomorrow People Wiki defines an "edit war" as occurring when one editor reverts (either via undo, or by adding/removing information manually) an edit three times in a short period (usually 48 hours).
- Once an edit war is noted as occurring, the article in question will be temporarily locked so a consensus can be reached.
- Any editors engaged in edit warring will be warned, and possibly blocked, depending on the situation.
- Spoilers need to come from a reliable source, and should be referenced in articles.
- It is our policy to lock an episode's page while it is airing. On the day a new episode is aired, the page will be locked from 7 PM Eastern time until 9 PM Eastern time. Comments may also be turned off during this time if spoilers are being leaked.
- Sources that are usually reliable will always link back to the article they got the information from; some tumblr blogs and wikis do this. IMDB's information is not always correct, so check it out beforehand; however, they're usually a good source for information. Please, do not use fan sites of The Tomorrow People as source or reference links.
- We do not create pages for a character, item, or location that does not exist in the The Tomorrow People universe, or has not been confirmed to appear by a reliable source, such as a press release. Such created pages will be deleted and removed from the wiki upon inspection.
- We do not add information to already existing articles that is unreasonably presumed to be fact, has not appeared on the show, or has not been confirmed by a reliable source. It is the practice of this wiki to consider information learned from promotional material and sneak peeks of upcoming episodes to be speculation, and such information should not be added until the episode itself concludes airing.
To comply with COPPA, all Wikia users must be 13 years old or over. This is enforced on The Tomorrow People wiki. If it becomes known in chat (or out) that a user is under 13, they will be blocked.
"Sockpuppeting", using another account to circumvent a ban or block, is not permitted on The Tomorrow People Wiki. If it becomes known that a user is sockpuppeting, their sockpuppet will be infinitely blocked, and the block/ban the original account will be extended.
- For promo or sneak peek videos that are uploaded onto the wiki under the Videos heading for any episode page, please rename the video to the format of the episode name; starting as 1x01--with "1" symbolizing Season One, and "01" symbolizing the first episode of the season, also include what type of video it is. An example of how the whole title would look is: 1x01 - Promo 1. If it's a second promo, put it as Promo 2. If it's a sneak peek, it should look like this: 1x01 - Sneak Peek 1.