|Portrayed by||Aaron Yoo|
|Last Seen||Son of Man|
|Powers|| Telekinesis |
|Birth Name||Ryung Kwon|
|Occupations||Third-in-command of the Tomorrow People|
|Significant Other|| Talia (ex-girlfriend/ex-partnership)|
|Family|| Chan-Woo Kwon (father) † |
|“||And that is why your training begins now. I mean, what else can you do besides stop time?||”|
Russell Kwon is the team's "bad boy", whose specialty is Telekinesis. He is the third-in-command of the Tomorrow People.
He is portrayed by Aaron Yoo.
Russell Kwon, a young man who abuses his superpowers by reading girls’ thoughts, stealing valuable items such as cars, and generally having a good time. Russell grew up in a Korean-American family, with a strict father and a timid mother. His father was very hard on him, often criticizing him much too harshly, especially on his piano skills. Russell did whatever he could to please his father, but it never seemed to be good enough. Russell eventually began using his newly discovered abilities to cheat his way through gambling. This got him into trouble, and the men he was gambling with came after him and threatened to kill him. Russell's father defended and hid him, in which cost him his hand getting crushed violently with a hammer. In Sorry For Your Loss, it was revealed that his father died of a heart attack.
In In Too Deep,
In Death's Door,
In The Citadel,
In Sitting Ducks,
In Brother's Keeper,
In Modus Vivendi,
In Kill Switch,
In Son of Man,
Russel is shown to be a caring and amusing guy, and knows when it's the right thing to do. In All Tomorrow's Parties, he is shown to be extremely caring when Irene was critically wounded from a gunshot from an Ultra ambush, and also getting extremely angry at Kurt when he finds out that he was responsible for being ambushed. He is also shown to be a free spirit that won't miss an opportunity for a good time. Throughout the episodes, Russell cracks a joke here and there being a very silly person.
Russell is about 5'9 inches tall. He is Korean-American.
John and Russell are good friends. Russell remains extremely loyal to him and has for years, but Natalie ends up manipulating him to briefly betray John before she leaves the Tomorrow People. It can be assumed their friendship is strained.
Russell has a good relationship with Stephen, they get along very well, and are allies and are on good terms with each other.
Russell admires and respects Cara, but his loyalty lies with John.
Russell was a criminal with Talia and they dated before he broke up with her to join the Tomorrow People, with John's insistence.
Russell becomes friendly and then eventually, romantic with Natalie after she joins the Tomorrow People. However, Natalie manipulates Russell into siding against John and then betrays the Tomorrow People, and Russell, by joining Ulta.
- Telekinesis - The power to move things or people with your mind. He specializes in this ability.
- Telepathy - The power to communicate with others through each other's minds.
- Teleportation - The power to teleport oneself or more people to another location.
- Expert Hand-To-Hand Combatant - Russel is shown to be an extremely adept fighter, and is seen on many occasions taking down multiple opponents, usually Ultra agents. He may even be one of the best of the Tomorrow people in this aspect, except John and Cara as shown at the docks fight. In Girl, Interrupted, where he gained the upperhand against 2 Ultra agents before aiding John who was struggling with his 2 opponents. He is also the most agile fighter of the Tomorrow people.
- In Too Deep
- Girl, Interrupted
- Kill Or Be Killed
- All Tomorrow's Parties
- Sorry For Your Loss
- Death's Door
- The Citadel
- Sitting Ducks
- Things Fall Apart
- Brother's Keeper
- Enemy of My Enemy
- Smoke and Mirrors
- Modus Vivendi
- A Sort of Homecoming
- Kill Switch
- Son of Man
- Russell is a very talented pianist.
- Before he met John and Cara, he used his telepathy to find out what his poker opponents' cards were and make a lot of money.
- Russell coaches all TTP in the Martial Arts/Fighting skills they need to survive. Of all TTP, only John can beat him. ("Jaunt" scene).
- Russell likes Gummi Bears - the good kind, from Germany.