|Portrayed by||Peyton List|
|Powers|| Telekinesis |
|Occupations|| Student (formerly)
Second-in-command of The Tomorrow People (formerly) Leader of The Tomorrow People
|Significant Other|| John Young|
|Family|| Dennis Coburn (father) |
Unnamed younger sister
|“||People are complicated, Stephen. You spend half your life in their head and that much becomes pretty clear.||”|
Cara Coburn is a main character, a protagonist and the main female lead of The Tomorrow People. She is a young woman with special powers, and specializes in Telepathy. She is described as both trustworthy and serious. She is the new leader and a member of the Tomorrow People. Cara is the daughter of Dennis Coburn, and the older sister of an unnamed girl. She is also the girlfriend of John Young, but they have been fairly distant recently and she has fallen in love with the main character, Stephen Jameson, and they sleep together. She acts as if she regrets their liaison, however, she cannot bring herself to deny her true feelings.
Cara Coburn, whose gift is sensing people’s moods and reading their thoughts telepathically, which sometimes makes the world an overwhelming place for her. Cara is the daughter of Dennis Coburn and an unnamed mother. She has a younger sister whom she left behind. Prior to her breakout, Cara was both deaf and mute. She communicated through sign language and reading other people's lips. Cara discovered her abilities when she was attacked and nearly raped by Tyler Miller. She was arrested and taken into custody, accused of killing Tyler Miller, who's head had been cracked. Moments before she was about to be locked in a cell, she teleported out of the precinct and ended up at her home. There, she was rejected by her father, who claimed no one would believe her story. He gave her money and told her to leave. Cara hesitantly walked away and stopped to say good bye to her sister before leaving. Cara eventually found John and joined him. As of All Tomorrow's Parties, Cara is aware of John's ability to kill.
In Pilot, Cara gets John Young to find Stephen Jameson's file, after she found out his real name and realizes that he is related to Jack Jameson, The Tomorrow People's former leader, believed to be dead. She then begins to use her Telepathy to get in contact with Stephen, eventually convincing him to meet her at the train station, where John teleports him to their hide-out. When Stephen gets upset and overwhelmed about his father, Cara teleports Stephen home.
Later on, when Stephen was being chased by Ultra, he communicated with Cara to help him escape. They kidnapped Stephen and attempted to take his powers, Cara and Russell Kwon decide to rescue him, but they are later joined by John. When Stephen freezes time and stops a bullet that Jedikiah Price fires at John and teleports Cara, Russell and John out of Ultra's base. This makes it clear, that Stephen is The Tomorrow People's only hope. Stephen later finds out that Jedikiah is in fact his paternal uncle and his father's human brother and asks him to join Ultra alongside him. Stephen agrees, but only to find out if his father's death was real or just a cover up created by Ultra. Later on, Cara tries to convince Stephen not to work for Ultra, but his decision is final.
In In Too Deep,
In Death's Door,
In The Citadel,
In Rumble, Cara's past with Julian is unearthed, in flashbacks Cara is shown to be afraid of using her powers to defend herself posssibly as a result of accidentally killing a man who tried to rape her when she first broke out. When Julian, Cara and Nelly (Julian's girlfriend) are on a hiest Cara is given the duty to watch over the captive human owner of the mansion. The owner convinces Cara to free him by saying that he will run away and never return, Cara listens and sets him free. Nelly comes back to find the man gone and she tells Cara to lie and not mention what happened to Julian. The owner returns and starts shooting at the girls Nelly is shot protecting Cara. Julian after hearing the shots telekinetically throws the man over the balcony killing him and crys painfully as Nelly dies in his arms. Julian blames Cara for her death and only fails to kill her because he cannot. In the present years later Julian returns to New york city with a gang and his hatred for humans having grown, he has taught his gang to beat people near to death and then scar them the rest of the way. Julian and Cara confront each other in the tunnels were Julian tells Cara he's surprised she survived because the Cara he knew was weak. Russell spies on Julians gang in the old owners mansion. Julian finds him and then beats him up and proceeds to order his team to do the same. Cara and John find Russell badly beaten and Cara provoked desides to take the fight to him against Stephens advice. Cara and Julian fight and Cara's team abandons her. Cara is left alone and she steps aside and reveals Charlotte standing behind her who uses her telepathic power to literally bring Julians whole gang to it's knees and jam their powers, Cara and Charlotte then teleport back to the hide out just as ultra arrives at the mansion revealing it was their plan all along to trick Julian. Julian manages to escape the only member of the gang having quickly recovered some of his powers.
In Sitting Ducks,
In Brother's Keeper,
Cara is serious and mysterious, more or less due to her past. She keeps to herself and prefers not to be vulnerable to those she doesn't trust. She has a less serious and playful side that is brought out by Stephen. She is all about saving lives, but only when it's possible. Cara can become very angry, as seen when she strips Kurt of his powers. She is angered when people she trusts keep secrets from her or betray her. She is also very confused by her distant relationship with John Young, and her deep romantic feelings for Stephen.
Cara is a young, beautiful and very attractive woman. She stands about 5'8 inches tall. She has a very light tanned complexion, long,straight brown hair and light blue-gray eyes. She also wears a lot of black, i.e. black leather jackets, black skinny jeans and black boots.
In her teenage years, Cara described herself as a seventeen-year-old nerd and it was also shown in a flashback that she was geeky. She also wore glasses and had bangs.
Cara considers John the person who has helped her with accepting who she is, and respects him greatly. In Limbo, both her and John confessed their love to each other. Their relationship has grown cold and distant as she feels betrayed by John for keeping the secret of being able to kill and for killing Stephen's father.
Cara and Stephen have a close friendship and have a special connection emotionally. In Sorry For Your Loss, Cara and Stephen kiss to hide their faces from Ultra agents, they then begin showing some romantic attraction. Later Stephen says he's not going to make a habit of kissing her whenever Ultra shows up, but on the train they flirt with each other, and eventually they sleep together which Cara seems to regret after. Cara afterwords thinks of it as a big mistake and tries to distant herself from him. Cara however still has feelings for him and when confronted is unable to deny that she is in love with him. She cares greatly for him, as shown when he almost dies (twice), where she starts to tremble and cry as his heart stops beating.
- Telekinesis - The power to move things or people with your mind.
- Telepathy - The power to communicate with others through each other's minds. Cara specializes in telepathy. It allows her to have a connection with the other person, accessing their emotions, memory and location. Due to this, her powers can become overwhelming. Telepathy users can send thoughts to non-supers and be able to read their mind. Tomorrow People can also experience peoples memories through telepathy. Also others can communicate with one another without being aware of others listening.Telepaths with superior skill can push others out of their minds, causing the victim to suffer greatly. Errol has demonstrated this ability. Telepaths with superior skill can block others from reading their minds, causing the victim to suffer greatly.
- Teleportation - The power to teleport oneself or more people to another location.
- Hand to hand combat - Cara is shown to be a very adept fighter, and is seen on many occasions taking down multiple opponents, usually Ultra agents. She may even be the best of the Tomorrow people in this aspect. During the two fights she was able to fight on par with John, who is also an very good fighter and eventually she defeated him twice. She was also able to hold her own against extremely talented fighter Julian, while Russell, who is the most agile fighter of the Tomorrow people could not.
- In Too Deep
- Girl, Interrupted
- Kill Or Be Killed
- All Tomorrow's Parties
- Sorry For Your Loss
- Death's Door
- The Citadel
- Sitting Ducks
- Things Fall Apart
- Brother's Keeper
- Enemy of My Enemy
- Before she broke out, Cara was both deaf and mute.
- Cara accidentally killed a young man who assaulted her.
- Cara is very protective of woman whom are in danger of sexual assault, possibly due to her experience on the night that she broke out. 
- Cara is the new leader of the Tomorrow People as of The Citadel.
- According to Stephen, her name "Cara" is a stripper name.
- Stephen brings out her playful and less-serious side.
- She is revealed to be 23-years-old, which means she was most likely born on 1990.
- Cara kissed and slept with Stephen in Sorry For Your Loss.
- She is very protective and caring of Stephen.
- Cara has trust issues.
- Cara is the first character to reveal that running water is a telepathy weakness.
- Telepathy seems to be her specialty.
Cara [to Stephen]: You want us to admit that we're mistakes? Nature doesn't make mistakes!
Cara [to Kurt]: Come out, Kurt. You're not sick, you're one of us.
Cara [to Stephen]: I can't. I can't go back to who I was.
Cara [to Stephen]: Forget about their kind. We'll be lucky if we can save our own species.